Friday 13 June 2014

Verbal ticks

Is there a word or a phrase you use (or overuse) all the time, and are seemingly unable to get rid of? If not, what's the one that drives you crazy when others use it? - The Daily Post

Erm, I start pretty much every sentence with "erm", like I'm not really sure about what I'm about to say.

Erm, and after Australia I tend to say "no worries" a lot. If someone thanks me for helping them out I always to say;"'yeah, no worries".

Erm, when I was younger I said "like" a lot. And now it just like really annoys me when people like say "like" all the time. You know?

Erm, I also think I say "you know" a lot. You know?

Erm, there are probably other words and/or phrases that I use a lot, but, erm, it's all subconscious you know? Erm, like, people don't really think about the words they actually use when they speak, we just talk.

Erm, this was an interesting question, I think maybe I'll notice more about how people actually speak now, which could help in creating different characters when I write.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...