Tuesday 3 June 2014

Travel by bike

Some days all I feel like doing is sell all my things, buy a bike and a tent and just leave everything behind. It's a combination of loving to travel and not having a single clue about what I want to do with my life.

Some people actually do this. They quit their job, sell everything they own, give up their house/flat and just travel. I like the post: How to cycle around the world in 3 easy steps. But it's easier said than done.

At least it's an eco friendly way to travel, as well as a cheap way to travel. As amazing as it sounds on the surface, I don't think it's something I would actually do.

I might be a fairly impulsive person. People think I'm brave for having gone to Australia on my own, and moving to the UK without knowing anyone in the country (the first time around). However, as I told my friend Mathea the other night, "I'm impulsive with a plan".
  • I research - I like to know what I'm actually getting into
  • I save up - I like to know I've got enough money to do what I want, I've never had a credit card and I don't want one
  • I like to know what I'm doing/going once I'm done travelling
At the end of my Australian adventure I was getting really tired of living out of a suitcase, but at least I slept in a proper bed every night... although with a tent of my own I wouldn't have an OMG moment again!


It's a scary thing to do as well. Especially if you travel the whole world by bike, you have to make sure you have the right travel insurance and visas for every country you visit. What if something happens in the middle of nowhere? Especially if you're travelling alone as a woman. The world can be a scary place.

What about when you're done travelling and want to get a house or flat again? How are you going to get the money for the deposit and first month's rent? And with the world being the way it is at the moment, it won't be getting any easier to get a job!


I bet it would be a nice way to explore though, and cheap.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...