Wednesday 8 May 2013

Smoothie week - day 3

Today I made a Mango and Banana smoothie.


When I found the recipe it said it was for two people but I only got one glass out of it. You can use either mango or papaya for this smoothie, if you use papaya; discard the seeds. You need 1 mango, 1 medium banana, 1 tablespoon of tahini, tahini is sesame seed paste, I struggled finding it but apparently it lasts for ages and now I can try some more new recipes as I got a big jar! You also need 100 ml of orange or other fruit juice, 1 tablespoon of honey and 1 small pot, approx 125 ml, of natural plain low fat yoghurt.


Not my favourite smoothie so far, the first few sips weren't very nice, I don't know if it was the tahini or what, it was drinkable though and I would like to maybe try it with papaya one time. I also think it would have been better if it had something frozen in it to make it colder. If you don't want to hunt down tahini you could probably substitute it with peanut butter.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...