Monday 6 May 2013

Smoothie week - day 1

I've decided that this week will be smoothie week. I usually make smoothies every day for breakfast or just for something to drink other than water during the day, normally I just put something random in it but this week I will actually use recipes and try some new ingredients.

This Banana and Strawberry smoothie recipe is for 1 person.

You need strawberries for this recipe, 50 grams. Do you know how little 50 grams of strawberries is?? 2 strawberries, it's nothing! You also need 1 small banana100 millilitres semi skimmed milk, 2 tablespoons orange juice, 4 tablespoons low fat natural yoghurt and 1 teaspoon of honey.


Put all the ingredients in the blender, blend until smooth, pour it into a glass and put the glass in the fridge for 10 minutes.

I thought it would be boring to have to wait 10 minutes before being able to drink it but I decided to sort out the rest of my breakfast and do the dishes while I waited.

The smoothie was ok. I wish I had frozen the banana or strawberries first as I've gotten used to proper cold smoothies but it was still nice. Very creamy. I'm not a big fan of natural yoghurt but I couldn't taste it at all in this smoothie. I think if I make it again I will put something frozen in it to make it colder but other than that it was very nice.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...