Tuesday 7 May 2013

Nuffield Health

There is no way I'll sign up for a membership with Nuffield Health at the moment, it's far too expensive, but I did get a free 1-day pass that I used yesterday.

I got the free pass off their website. When I signed up for the pass they said they'd call me to arrange a time for me to come in, which they did not, I had to call them in the end, good thing I noticed the pass has an expiration date!

It's been a while since I went to a gym so I decided to get someone to show me the equipment they have. I have been to the same gym before but that was 5-6 years ago and it was then called Cannons I think. The equipment has been updated since then but you can't log your exercise in any way other than writing it down yourselves, it's not one of those gyms that do "memory sticks" to put in the machine to register what you do.

The lady showing me the gym equipment didn't seem like she had done it before, she did occasionally say to remember to keep my back straight but other than that she didn't say anything about positioning myself or how it's best/safest to hold on to the equipment and stuff like that. She showed me how to adjust the seats and weight. I remember a different gym I went to made me use the equipment while they were watching just to make sure I knew how to use it safely, I think I prefer that as at least then you're sure you're using it correctly.

The gym itself was fine, I think the only thing I would actually use if I did sign up is the treadmill though, especially if I went there on my own. They do classes as well and they have a pool, if I signed up I would probably just go to the classes, that's what I did the short time I was signed up when they were Cannons.

But I don't think I will sign up. It's okay but for the price you have to pay I personally don't think it's worth it. There is another gym next door which I have also got a free pass for and will be trying out next week, this gym is much cheaper so if I like what I see on the free day pass I might actually sign up with it.

What do you like to do in a gym?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...