Thursday 30 May 2013

My Garden Project


At our house we have a little front garden. There is no grass which I'm quite happy about as I wouldn't want to have to get a lawnmower for such a small area. It's nice to have a little project, and the garden is small enough that it doesn't take too long to maintain. 

However, when we moved in to the house the front garden looked absolutely hideous! One plant had completely taken over the whole garden and people walking past had thrown loads of rubbish into the garden. The house is on a busy road and I'm not really surprised people treated the garden like a tip when it looked like rubbish anyway. 



I really wanted to get rid of the plant that was taking over but since we're just renting I don't know if we're allowed to, apparently you also have to burn it if you want it gone forever! I don't think people would be too happy if I started a small fire right next to a busy road, for all I know the smoke from the plant would be really thick as well, I'd rather not get arrested just for burning a plant. I cut the plant down as much as I could, I know it will grow back (it's only a week and a half since I did it and it's already grown 20cm!) and this way it will be easier to keep it under control when it does. 

About halfway...
I filled a whole shopping bag with the rubbish people had thrown into the garden! I'm hoping that now that the garden doesn't look like a tip anymore people won't thrown things in it. 


I've planted some bulbs and seeds so hopefully in a couple of weeks the garden will look nice and flowery. That's if the days of hail we had didn't kill it all off!


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...