Sunday 10 March 2013

Chandler Inn Hotel



While in Boston I stayed at the Chandler Inn Hotel. The staff there was very friendly. There is a subway and train station 5 minutes away from the hotel.

I was happy to see that they had a lift so I wouldn't have to carry my suitcase up the stairs. 

There was no breakfast at the hotel, but they did have a complimentary coffee machine and ice machine in the reception.

The room was very nice; modern and quite large, and I just have to say the TV was enormous! And I didn't even use it! I had a room on the corner of the building so I had windows on two sides of the room which was really nice, made the room a lot lighter, the view was also really nice, I wasn't just staring into a brick wall. Only thing I didn't like about the room was that there wasn't a duvet just a blanket covered by sheets, and no one had “warned” me that I should turn on the air-con for heat in the night. I woke up in the middle of the night the first night because I was freezing.  I do like to have a duvet, even in summer, just because it feels a lot more “snuggly”, I think I might have slept better if there had been a duvet there but as it was I slept fine and the room was a very nice place to come back to after a long day exploring.

The bathroom wasn't large but it was just the right size for me. The shower was large though, and it was kind of nice to be able to stand in one end while I checked the water without getting it all over me when it was too cold. Took me a while to figure out how the get the water the right temperature though, but when I did it was a “duh!” moment. As usual I didn't think the pressure was hard enough, but it was okay. I liked that there was a small shelf over the sink where I could keep all my skincare products while I was there.

There was free WiFi at the hotel but it wasn't very good at all. It was really slow and would sometimes just fall out, but that might be because I was so far away from the reception, but still… I would lose a whole blog post a couple of times because I didn't think to copy it in case it failed to post. 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...