Monday 17 September 2012

Excited and nervous...

I'm having a meeting with the storeroom manager and the store manager at work on Wednesday. We are going to discuss my future at the company and if I want to become a full-time employee or not. I am part-time now, but I usually actually work more hours than a full-timer.

If I say yes to going full-time it means I'll  get a fixed salary instead of hourly wages which I'm on now. As long as they can match or go more than what I make now then I probably won't mind going full time, but at the same time I don't want to seem "greedy", I don't actually know what someone with my job is supposed to be making on a fixed salary. I've never had a fixed salary in any job!

I've never had this conversation with an employer before, I'm excited about it but at the same time a bit nervous, it's something new. It will be interesting to hear what kind of things, if any, they are thinking about maybe changing, although I doubt they'll change much.

I've never been a full-time permanent employee or on fixed wages before, in a way it's a step in the direction I want to go, but at the same time I will of course be honest with them about wanting to move to the U.K. in a year's time, and see how they feel about that. A lot can happen in a year though...

Oh well, I'll just have to wait and see how it goes on Wednesday.

Just thought of something more to add here, 20 minutes after first publishing the post:

It's nice to finally feel like I have an employer that actually notices all the hard work I do and that doesn't just sit on his/her ass and does nothing about it. They are really good at saying well done to people at my job and  awarding people. It's nice to feel appreciated. It's a very nice and positive work place most of the time.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...