Wednesday 4 April 2012

Whitsundays


I got picked up fairly close to my hostel today for my Whitsunday tour. The boat was nice and there were plenty of seats outside. It was just a regular catamaran though, not one of the sail ships that you can also get (too expensive!).
Airlie Beach from the boat
The mermaids at Daydream Island
We picked up some more passengers from Daydream Island (don’t you just love that name?) and then we went to Whitehaven Beach, where we spent about an hour. The beach is beautiful, really white smooth sand. The sand also doesn’t get hot, you know, so hot you can’t walk on it. It was really lovely to just lie there and get some sun. We had to wear stinger suits though if we wanted to go in the water because it’s jellyfish season. Very sexy look. I always want to sing LMFAO’s “I’m sexy and I know it” when I know I look anything but.


 Both going to and from Whitehaven Beach we cruised past some of the other islands, and the captain talked about them, but we didn’t stop anywhere else except from pick-up and drop off. On the way back we stopped at Hamilton Island to pick up some more passengers, I kind of wish I could have stayed there one day, it looked really beautiful, and there were lots of beautiful houses, it would have been fun to just walk around the island looking at them. It also had a bar which had been built without a budget. It’s where the rich and famous lives in other words… It actually is as well, we cruised past what used to be George Harrison’s house, it was beautiful, and there is apparently loads of other celebrities that owns houses on the island.
The bar with no budget..
 It was a nice tour, I don’t really mind that we didn’t stop anywhere else than Whitehaven. And, even though I had no way of knowing this before I went of course, I could have managed without going there; it wasn’t as amazing as I thought it was going to be. But maybe it would have been if I had gone for a few days instead of just one.

1 comment:

Look Mummy No Hands said...

Wow. I LOVE the bottom photo. Beautiful.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...