Saturday 21 April 2012

Adelaide - Part 3


Written on 20.04.12

Last night there were some girls talking in the dorm, at 11pm! I don’t mind people talking in the dorm during the day of course, but at 10pm, 11pm and later and if people are trying to sleep then I think it’s just rude to have a conversation, especially if you’re not even going to whisper, although that’s annoying too. Go outside in the hallway or to the common room if you’re going to talk! Or if you’re on the phone, same thing applies.

This morning, like every morning in this dorm, someone put their alarm on snooze 5-6 times… Also rude. Just because you can’t be bothered to get up when your alarm goes off doesn’t mean you should wake everybody else in the dorm up! Set it for later and learn to get up the first time it goes off.

Anyway, rant over.

I walked to a lolly shop today; it’s very close to the hostel. I managed not to buy anything, amazing, I know! But I would have if they had what I wanted. The shop is called Blackeby’s, and I’m glad I went, just to see how amazing it looked. There were figures on the wall outside and a display in the window… It just looked amazing. If you’re ever in Adelaide, just go down James Place off Rundle Mall and see it for yourself, it’s worth the 5 minutes it takes just to look around.
 After I had been thrown out of Blackeby’s for drooling too much and not buying anything, I walked to the Old Adelaide Gaol. I paid $11 concession to get in and do a self-guided tour and I’m really glad I did. It was really interesting and I learnt a lot. It’s definitely another thing you should see if you’re in Adelaide. I have to admit, though, that I didn’t feel very well as I was walking around seeing how the prisoners had lived and reading their stories… It was horrible, and it was used until 1988. Just the thought of people living that way, in those conditions… It’s horrible. But then again I’m sure some of them  deserved it.

The hanging tower
Inside the hanging tower
This totally creeped me out when I first saw it out of the corner of my eye!
It didn’t say anything in the visitor guide that I couldn’t share the pictures I took there on a private web page, but I still don’t want to share too much. You should go and see it for yourselves. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey friend. I think your site is very interesting for me, your site give me some important information, thanks a lot!

Holiday Rentals in Adelaide

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...