Sunday 18 December 2011

Beach House

Book number 42 in the 100+ Reading Challenge

Beach House
by R. L. Stine

Outer back cover: The sun is hot. The water is cold. And the kids are cool.
Too cool to live.
Because a killer is stalking them, one by one. A killer who never leaves a clue. Who disappears as completely as a footprint in the sand.
A killer who has found a very special place in the sun
for some very special fun...

Another book that I thought from the cover would be scary. It was a bit creepy, but I wouldn't call it scary. It was a weird book in a way, it was okay but not great. I used to love to read the Goosebumps books by R. L. Stine when I was a young teenager, and I think I would have enjoyed this book more back then as well, I would have probably even thought it was scary then.

It's a bit confusing as it changes between 1956 and "current" time (early 90's), and keeping track of who's who and what happened in what time can be a bit hard. Because of what happens in the book I just knew there had to be a weird twist but I didn't actually manage to guess what it would be, which was nice, but at the same time I don't know if I like the twist or not, haha.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...