Tuesday 11 October 2011

ReadItSwapIt

...Petty Witter over at Pen and Paper wrote in her October News post about the ReadItSwapIt scheme arranged by The Observer and The Guardian.

"Its easy to do and such fun. All you need to do is pick a book(s) you have read, download a sticky label (available HERE), stick it into the book along with a message if you so wish, and leave it in a place where someone will find it - the downloadable label has a segment which tells the new owner that the book is theirs to keep." - From Pen and Paper


I've joined in, by printing out the sticky labels (I just printed it out on normal paper and sticky-taped it on), and put them inside 3 books, the only 3 books I've bought since I left Norway. I'm going to take them with me up to Cairns and leave them at some random places. Instead of writing a message I've just added my twitter name: @theLillyWood
I don't think it should be just for the book season though, but all the time. I think it's a nice way to share books. I think it's also a good way for me to "get rid of" books now that I'm travelling, just so I don't need to bring them with me everywhere. I actually left a book at the hostel in Sydney, and that was in July before  even knew of this scheme! I just left it at the hostel for someone else to find and enjoy.


So go ahead and join in the fun!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...