Saturday 27 August 2011

Letters to Juliet

I just finished watching the 2010 film Letters to Juliet, and I just loved it so much I just had to write this post about it!

On the back cover: In Verona, Italy - the beautiful city where Romeo first met Juliet - there is a place where the heartbroken leave notes asking Juliet for her help. It's there that aspiring write Sophie finds a 50-year-old letter that will change her life forever. As she sets off on a romantic journey of the heart with the letter's author, Claire, now a grandmother, and her handsome grandson, all three will discover that sometimes the greatest love story ever told is your own.

When I first saw the trailer for this last year I was kind of like: "Eh, whatever." I can't remember why exactly probably because I thought it looked boring or something, but then a friend of mine told me that she loved it and that I should see it, so when I saw it in the local video store a few weeks ago on offer I though "why not".

I finally got around to watching it today, and I am so glad I did. Just a super romantic film, it would have been even better if I had a guy to watch it with of course, but I guess that just means I'll have to watch it again when I get one. What a shame.... It's one of the kind of films I can watch several times. And like this first time I watched it, I will probably get a tear in my eye at the ending every time, and let me just tell you, I don't cry at movies very often!

Other than the cute story I also loved the scenery of the movie, I want to go to Italy even more than I did before after watching this! There is also a very cute male lead, Christoper Egan. When I saw him I though he looked a bit like the standard Aussie surfer dude somehow, then I looked him up to double check his name (or possibly just see some more photos of him....), and it turns out he IS an Aussie! Very tasty anyway.

So if you like typical chick-flicks then you should definitely watch this! Beautiful story about finding true love, although be warned: If you're single it WILL make you sulk about it (more than usual that is)!

1 comment:

Karen said...

Hi Lilly, I saw your comment at Leslie's blog and thought I would pop over and say hi. I loved Letters to Juliet, too, especially the scenery. What a gorgeous place to live!

Enjoy your weekend:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...