Wednesday 11 May 2011

K is for...

Koala
The Koala is one of the animals I'm hoping to get to see while I'm in Australia.
I've known what a koala is for as long as I can remember. When I was younger we had a little koala "toy", but we didn't play with it, it sat on a shelf as decoration. I loved looking at it, and I really wanted to play with it. I remember one time I got to hold it, and I was disappointed because it was so hard. It was probably made from plastic or something with hair glued on. Anyway I guess seeing that everyday is how me wanting to see a real Koala started. I wonder if I would have wanted it so much if it hadn't been for that "toy"... Probably. But it would have maybe started at a later age.
Some scientists predict that the Koala will be extinct in 15 years, because of destruction of habitat, predation and illness. so I need to see it while I'm sure I can.
Maybe I'll see if I can volunteer at a koala sanctuary while I'm down under?
Did you know that koalas have been around for over 20 million years?!

1 comment:

Leslie said...

awwwwwww koala bear!! Gosh, that is soo sad to think that they will become extinct.
I hope that you get to see some.

See ya tomrrw

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...