Friday 19 November 2010

London

I came back from London last night. I really didn't want to come back to Norway, I love the UK and I wanted to move back as soon as I landed in London. That's not to say I want to live in London though, I'm not sure I could live there, it's such a big city and everybody's always rushing everywhere. There are more people in London than there is in all of Norway, you get all kinds of culture just in one city, which is nice in one way, but I much prefer smaller cities, where you can actually go into a shop on the high street without getting trampled to death.
Anyway, I had a really nice time, and I got all my Christmas shopping done, so now all I need to do is wrap the presents and I don't need to worry about anything, not Christmas present-wise anyway.
Everyone should go to Camden Market when they're in London, they have got so many cool things! I got almost half of my Christmas presents there.

We didn't go to Notting Hill's Portobello Road on the Sunday when there is a market, but there's still loads to see and many cool shops, mostly antiques and vintage shops.

A friendly squirrel in Hyde Park

Hyde Park at sunset

The earth at the Science museum. It was really cool and showed the sea temperature and how it looked at night, I could have probably watched it for a couple of hours. Unfortunately we didn't get there until after four so we didn't have time to see what was on the three top floors, but there were so many other things on the other floors that I didn't really feel that I missed out on much. Although I hope I can go back again and see it all.

At the reception of our Hotel, it's called Westport Hotel, and it's right next to Paddington station, so it didn't take long to get into town. I thought the Hotel was fine, but I'm the kind of person that just need a hotel for a place to sleep at night, so I don't really need anything fancy.

Buckingham Palace

Ben and a couple of Bobbies (unfortunately not any of the young good-looking ones)

Piccadilly Circus

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...