Thursday 4 November 2010

Austen and Ahern

"It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife." In this way does my favourite book of all time start. It always makes me want to go back in time to experience it all first-hand.

I guess most people have read Pride and Prejudice, or at least seen the film. If you've never heard of it, then you must have been living under a rock for the last 200 years.

Although I have to say I don't like the new(-ish) film-adaption with Keira Knightly at all. On the other hand I really enjoy the old BBC version starring Colin Firth and Jennifer Ehle, I guess that's because it's a mini-series and they've managed to get most of the book in it. And also Colin Firth is a lot hotter than Matthew Macfadyen.

Anyway, this is one of the books I can read again and again, like Austen's other books. It's a lot more "sparkly" than her other books though, just the way I like them. This book should be on everybody's list of books to read before you die.

I have also finished reading the last book I had left to read by Cecelia Ahern (for now), Where Rainbows End. It's a beautiful story. By what happens in it I got rather impatient and exasperated. It really makes you not want to miss any opportunity, keep your eyes open and really think.

It was a little confusing to read just as I started, as the whole book is written in letter format, so I had to keep my eyes open to who each letter was to and from as it changed.

I think this book could be a beautiful film just like P.S. I Love You.

And now for the next author on my list: Sophie Kinsella.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...