Saturday 16 October 2010

The Gift

I've just finished reading another book by Cecelia Ahern, The Gift. I have to say Ahern is one of my favourite authors, and this book did not disappoint. It's a book about realizing what's important in life, what we should spend out time on.
As usual I would recommend it to everyone. Especially to those people that has got jobs that take up a lot of their time.

I really enjoy Ahern's writing style, her books are hard to put down once you've started reading them. And because my vivid imagination I usually always think "who's to say that could never happen?" Although I guess out of her books that I've read so far "PS. I love you" is probably the one most people could imagine is "real".

I have also recently finished reading Eat, Pray, Love and Committed by Elizabeth Gilbert. These books were also quite good. I don't really want to watch the film based on Eat, Pray, Love though, I've seen clips from it and it looks too different from the book (as usual).

In Committed you learn quite a lot about marriage, and the history behind it, which I thought was written in a very interesting way. I don't really feel strongly about marriage in any way, and this book didn't change my thoughts in any way, but it was nice to learn more about it.

So there you go: three book recommendations in one go! Do you have any recommendations?
And I've just stared reading another book from Cecelia Ahern, so I'll write about that and another one soon.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...